You are cordially invited to N2N:
A Virtual Nurse to Nurse Conversation
The Alabama State Nurses Association in collaboration with the Alabama Counselors Association invites you to N2N, a virtual nurses’ peer support call-in/Zoom session where nurses may listen or share experiences with other nurses in a safe virtual environment. (This is a voluntary supportive conversation not a substitute for professional counseling)
HOW DOES N2N WORK?
First, it is a free call-in or Zoom forum for nurses to connect and receive support from other nurses who listen, empathize and ultimately encourage each other through their personal and professional concerns. One’s job setting may not always feel like the best place to talk about our emotional and workplace challenges. N2N is a “safe-place” to talk about your experiences or just listen to what other have to say. It is likely that other nurses may be the only people who know can relate to what you’ve been through.
Second, N2N has a few ground rules to help this call be safe, real and refreshing for you.
•Each N2N session begins with the moderator’s brief comments, then the floor is open to you.
•Keep your mic on mute unless you want to speak.
•N2N is NOT a professional counseling service…it is simply a safe conversational space for nurses.
1. Please talk without identifying specific people, places, or things to respect others’ confidentiality.
2. N2N is about YOU! Sharing your experiences, emotions and lessons learned during COVID is OK!
3. Listen respectfully, without interrupting and with an empathetic ear.
4. If need be, criticize situations – NOT individuals or specific employers
5. Commit to learning…not debating and arguing
6. Share information to be helpful, not to persuade.
7. Try to avoid personal blame, speculation and inflammatory language.
8. It’s not a long call…Give everyone the chance to speak.
9. Avoid assumptions or generalizations about any of participants.
10. Grief, trauma,