BOMA Power Hour:The Impact of Building Performance Standards on Commercial Leases
Wednesday, January 25, 2023
Presented by Nicole DeNamur, Owner, Sustainable Strategies & Erik Jennings, Partner, Pacifica Law Group
Building performance standards - including the Clean Buildings Act - are new, and important, regulatory tools to reach climate goals. They also present unique considerations, risks and opportunities, including impacts to existing and future commercial leases. This webinar will describe:
• When and why you should review your existing leases.
• The importance of collaboration between landlords and tenants to meet regulatory benchmarks.
• Key lease considerations and provisions that may be impacted, including example language.
• Opportunities to proactively manage the risks associated with this rapidly changing landscape.
• How leasing issues and considerations dovetail with key ESG goals and metrics.