This is a comprehensive training for professionals who work with older adults. The purpose of this training is to raise the awareness of individuals working with older adults about types of abuse, risk factors, and indicators of abuse as well as mandated reporters and the reporting process.
- Define and identify types of elder abuse and neglect
- Bring awareness to the prevalence of elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation
- Identify the where, when and who of elder abuse, neglect and exploitation
- Recognize red flags and indicators of abuse and neglect
Review the current laws and protective measures in place
- Find resources in your community
- Understand mandatory reporting requirements – Know your responsibility!
- Improve communication between reporters and the Abuse Hotline
Participants will receive a certificate of completion.