Mid Atlantic Coastal Acidification Network (MACAN) and OA Alliance Virtual Workshop
1:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST
(3.5 hours in duration)
The majority of the Mid-Atlantic coastal states are pursuing OA Action Planning either as stand-alone efforts or as part of broader coastal/ocean planning efforts. This workshop seeks to connect researchers, state agencies, and/or representatives from state legislatures from across the Mid-Atlantic region to help inform OA Action planning with an emphasis on identifying associated data/ information needs for management and coordinating monitoring where appropriate.
(1) Share OA Action Planning progress, lessons-learned and next steps regarding state OA Action Planning efforts.
(2) Deepen understanding about the science relevant for implementing OA Action Plans.
○ Where are the gaps?
○ Are there targeted research projects that would help fill those gaps?
(3) Identify opportunities for Mid-Atlantic states to coordinate on monitoring and/or data sharing at the regional (or water body) scale.
(4) Discuss pathways for setting up a regional OA observation network.