Upon publishing our working paper in December 2020, we issued a call to action to academics, practitioners, decision makers, advocates, and programme implementers involved in working with children and young people to enter into critical dialogue with our work ‘as the start of an inclusive process of contributing to and building up international dialogue about children’s and youth participation and creating regional networks to share learning on concepts, rights, and goals’.
As part of this process, on 14 September the Rejuvenate team is hosting a virtual event for thinkers and doers in the fields of child rights and children and youth participation. Panellists will share their work and respond and reflect on the REJUVENATE principles, leading to broader discussions with event participants.
Guest Panellists include:
- Mark Canavera (Co-director, Care and Protection of Children (CPC))
- Pia MacRae (Chief Executive Officer, Consortium For Street Children (CSC))
- Okari B Magati (Programm Coordinator, Pendekezo Letu) and Serah Wanjiru Mbatia (Research consultant, Pendekezo Letu)
- Professor Kay Tisdall (University of Edinburgh)
- Jennifer Uchendu (Founder, SustyVibes)
We are looking forward to seeing you there!