Onboarding new employees can be tricky, especially when bringing on C-suite executives or other high-ranking employees that had access to confidential and proprietary information in their prior jobs. In such instances, hiring employers should take care to ensure that their new team member transitions “clean” and does not improperly (or sometimes unknowingly) take the former employer’s property or documents – electronic or hard copy.
In this webinar, NFC’s Head of Restrictive Covenant Practice Group, Kirsten Grossman and Senior Counsel Kristine Ryan, will review the hiring Dos and Don’ts -- from what’s absolutely necessary before making an offer to critical steps to take after the offer is made.
Incorporating interactive hypotheticals, this webinar will cover:
• The risks and best practices for employers hiring candidates with common law or contractual obligations that restrict post separation conduct
• The requirements of an enforceable restrictive covenant – and how to respond to an overly broad agreement
• Proper handling of personal data and communication on work supplied (or personal) devices
• How to quarantine and return inadvertently removed company information
• Using firewalls and other restrictions to protect the former employer’s confidential information and ensure it is not misused
• Responding to a cease-and-desist letter from the former employer
This program earns 1 NJ, NY, PA, and CT CLE Credit. CA is pending approval. Audience: Appropriate for newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
HR Professionals - This program has been submitted to the HRCI and SHRM for review and is pending approval.