We’re delighted to be partnering with new ASVA members, Anderson Strathern, to deliver the first webinar of 2022! This will focus on Health and Safety at visitor attractions, and the essential things that attraction operators must be aware of, to ensure legal compliance and the provision of a safe environment for both staff and visitors.
Anderson Strathern is a full-service Scottish law firm. Providing a complete range of specialist legal services, they have offices in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Haddington and Shetland.
The webinar will be delivered by James McMillan, a Director with Anderson Strathern. James has responsibility for heading up the Corporate Crime, Regulatory and Investigations team, and has over ten years’ experience focused on regulatory compliance, investigations and disputes, risk management, crisis management, sanctions, trade and customs, public policy, corporate governance and due diligence. He is therefore expertly placed to provide our members with a comprehensive overview of the legal requirements of health and safety management for visitor attractions.
Designed for attraction operators with a responsibility for health and safety management at their attraction, the webinar will provide a greater insight into:
• The importance of H&S for visitor attractions;
• Who is responsible for managing H&S at attractions;
• H&S policies – what businesses must legally have in place and best practice on what they should have in place;
• How to manage and reduce risks, following the HSE advice of ‘Plan, Do, Check, Act’ and what this might look like in practice;
• When an investigation is required and how to manage this.
Drawing on extensive knowledge and experience, James will be on hand to answer queries and provide advice. We would encourage any attraction operators with a responsibility for managing health and safety at their attraction to join us for this event.