Alzheimer's is not a normal part of aging. It’s a disease of the brain that causes problems with memory, thinking. We're partnering with Lutheran Community Services Northwest - Dementia Friendly Pierce County and the Alzheimer's Association to provide a virtual training on Alzheimer’s & Dementia. Join us to learn about:
- Practical communication skills to help people with dementia feel understood and supported
- Impact of Alzheimer’s on the patient and caregivers
- Difference between Alzheimer’s and dementia
- Stages of Alzheimer’s disease as well as risk factors
- Current research and treatments available to address some symptoms
Open to all RNs, LPNs and nursing students who live or work in Pierce, Thurston, Mason, Kitsap, Grays Harbor, Clallam and Jefferson counties. Nurses who attend and complete an evaluation form will receive a certificate of attendance that meets the continuing competency requirement for license renewal in Washington State.