In Jackie’s presentation, she will address very timely topics given the “new COVID-19 normal”, including an overview of family law in the modern era and new legal challenges for individuals and families due to COVID-19 such as:
• Domestic Violence, Substance Abuse and Child Neglect
• Custody Modification and Relocation
• Support Modification
• “Strategic” Foreclosure, Bankruptcy and Business Dissolution
• Vaccine Refusal and Medical Decision Making
• Zoom Schooling, Camps, College and Educational Decisions
Jackie will review the pitfalls and obstacles including relationship stressors during the pandemic, as well as the commonly deployed “COVID-19 excuse” that may create delays and disclosure challenges in matrimonial cases. Finally, she will also address why it is more important than ever to choose the right legal process due to court closures and litigation hurdles through the end of 2020.