The world of volunteers has changed. Volunteers have changed. Still, the need for volunteers and need for volunteering is still there. It hasn't changed.
What can we do to be of interest to volunteers with diverse skills and contributions to share? We can't be “same old same old.” Let's get into a new era of finding, keeping, motivating and giving and getting the best in the volunteer world. Explore the top ten strategies to address this changing need and the changing response.
• Collaboration, cooperation and consensus have appeal
• Make way for creativity from your volunteers
• Celebrate resourcefulness in your volunteers
• Make creativity an asset for your volunteers
• Build a resilient volunteer team
• Balance workloads by focusing on strengths
• Welcome individual volunteers and groups of volunteers
• Build capacity by building diversity - differences enhance capacity
• Communicate, communicate, communicate
• Bring joy, laughter and fun to the volunteer experience
Be ready to join a new normal. It may actually be better than “the way it used to be.”