Effectively transitioning your practice for your patients, staff, and family requires careful planning and sufficient time to accomplish. During this 1-hour, free evening webinar, Deb Phairas, President of Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC, will discuss creative strategies to help you accomplish your goals, including: bringing in an associate, recruiting, selling the practice, or closing the practice. Special thanks to our sponsor Cooperative of American Physicians (CAP)!
• Legal and ethical duties to patients when retiring
• Requirements for disposal of controlled substances and the DEA
• Medical records retention/ownership – what your attorney/broker may not realize
• Why you should try to sell or transition your practice
• Notification letter to patients to avoid abandonment/combine with transition letter
• Staff termination or retention to help close the practice?
• Notification requirements of payors
• Selling your medical equipment or furniture or donation?
• Notification of vendors and banks
• Checklist of tasks for closing a practice
• Latest valuation methodology for selling your practice and planning your estate
• Preparing for retirement while you practice: finances, lifestyle, work/life balance.
©Copyrighted Practice & Liability Consultants, LLC 2011, updated yearly 2018, 2019, 2021