A pandemic on our doorstep: COVID-19 is challenging the global community in an unprecedented way — both professionally and personally. For many, it is an intense emotional and psychological load to bear.
We have been wondering: are humanitarian and development leaders and their organisations better prepared to respond than others given that so many humanitarian and development organisations are experts in responding to crises?
Humanitarian and development workers have been trained to manage crisis and deal with complexity and uncertainty on a daily basis. But now amid a global crisis situation, are humanitarian and development organisations more resilient? What lessons can we learn from them about organisational preparedness?
Our panellist for this event will be:
- Dedo Mate-Kodjo, Pan Africa Programme Manager at WaterAid
- Daphne Sorensen, Regional Director Latin America and Caribean at Lumos
- Balwant Singh, Executive Director at Sphere
In this discussion among leaders, we will ask:
- How has your experience in humanitarian and development prepared you to respond to a crisis that affects you outside your work setting?
- How do you affirm and support your team during this time?
- What new thinking and ways of working will help us get through this?
We invite you to join us in this open and reflective conversation among experts.