The Data Collective wants your input to understand what it could be and do, and for whom. So, join our practical workshop to have your say and co-produce its future.
Who is this for?
This 2-hour workshop is for UK delivery charities and voluntary sector organisations of all sizes, locations and foci. We want to talk to organisations that have begun their journey with using their own, or external, data. If you use data, we want to hear from you! If you want to use data but don’t yet, this workshop isn’t right for you (but there will be events especially for you - sign up here http://bit.ly/DCpilot).
You don’t need to be a data expert or a current member of the Collective, but you’ll need to be open to sharing good or bad experiences.
Although we value the role of consultants working in the sector, this workshop is not intended for them.
What’s the Data Collective?
Until March 2021, DataKind UK is leading a Data Collective pilot supported by Catalyst (https://bit.ly/3qPRpS0). Although this has long been spoken about and a community has begun to act, no decisions have been made beyond March.
As such, the future of what the Collective is, does, and who it involves is still being formed. This workshop is an integral part of shaping that future.
What will happen?
The workshop will be practical and encourage active participation. It will be a safe space for all views, experiences, ideas and reflections.
The workshop will give you a chance to:
- Hear about where we’ve got to so far, and emerging themes, reflections and questions from the user research
- Shape the Collective, and make sure it’s providing the support you need, including suggesting practical steps to meaningfully addresses the sector’s needs
- Space to propose a set of principles for ongoing collaboration that give the practical steps a chance to develop
- Get a perspective of the data work being done by other charities, and understand shared challenges within the sector
- Meet fellow charity data folk!