African Diaspora Investment Symposium 2021
Healthcare, Education, Connectivity, and Finance
Monthly Online Forums | July 2020 - January 2021
Across the continent, several countries have taken various approaches to building strongholds of investment and innovation. Rwanda is actively planning an innovation hub, Kigali Innovation City, to transform the country into a knowledge-based economy. In West Africa, Nigeria has partnered with U.S. officials to launch a West Africa Trade and Innovation Hub. What public-private partnerships are advancing local economies? How can innovators from across Africa become a part of these developments? How do initiatives such as Africa50 provide a model for sustainability in innovation through infrastructure investment and place-based innovation centers?
This session invites panelists to speak on examples of burgeoning industries from the North, East, South, and Western regions of Africa and share opportunities for private-public partnership and collaboration.
• Mr. C.D. Glin, President and CEO of US Africa Development Foundation
• The Honorable Paula Ingabire, Minister of ICT and Innovation, Government of Rwanda
• Ms. Saida Saida Benhayoune, Innovation Practice Advisor at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (Moderator)
• Mr. Timothy (Tim) Nzioka, Director of Regional Program Operations at USADF, Nairobi, Kenya
• Ms. Nekesa Were, Director of Strategy at Afrilabs,
• Mr. Hiruy Amanuel, An Ethiopian Entrepreneur, Investor, and Co-founder and Managing Director of A.J. Ventures