Join four career services professionals and your colleagues in this interactive panel to learn practical and innovative ways to expand student awareness of their strengths and apply this self-knowledge in skill development, career exploration, and the job search.
• Increase awareness of the many ways online assessments can be used in small to large group formats on your campus.
• Gain new ideas for using SkillScan in Freshman Orientation, Career Exploration classes, Skill Development, and the Job Search
• Learn which report formats (Drive or Express) are utilized to meet student career development needs.
• Discuss specific ways the skill results are used to enhance student self-awareness in career planning and exploration and the career search
• Hear panelist feedback on the impact of using assessments in career programming.
There will be 15 minutes of Q & A. Be sure to bring your questions.
- Jayne Hayden, Career Advisor, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario
- Amy Jaffe, Bates Center for Purposeful Work, Bates College, Portland, ME
- Denise Leong-Brattain, Career Center Coordinator, Associate Professor, Glendale Community College, Glendale, CA
- Bethany Walsh, Career Advisor, Bowdoin College, Brunswick, ME