This training will look at the Age-friendly Communities programme cycle and will take a deep-dive on the first stage of the cycle, Engage and Understand, where you will involve stakeholders and older people in assessing the age-friendliness of your place before developing your action plan. This training will share some of the key principles of delivering your Age-friendly Community and will provide a space for you to learn with and from other communities.
This half-day training is for people in places that:
- Have recently signed up to become an Age-friendly Community.
- Are interested in becoming an age-friendly community and want to know more.
- Are developing their Age-friendly Community and want to reflect on their practice.
This training will look at:
- A reminder of the age-friendly principles
- A deep-dive on the Age-friendly Communities Programme Cycle
- Gaining political and stakeholder commitment for your Age-friendly Community
- Developing and review your baseline assessment
- Engage older people and co-design your Age-friendly Community
- Case studies of what an Age-friendly Community can deliver in practice.
This is a pilot training so we are keen to hear from you if there is anything in particular you are looking to learn more about. Please include this in your sign up form or email AFC.Network@ageing-better.org.uk and we will do our best to incorporate it.