Volunteers will be provided a virtual training (June 26, 9am-12pm) on the cultural, ecological and physical aspects of the Cape Perpetua Marine Reserve and surrounding area. More details on training and agenda below.
Each volunteer will have access to a “virtual binder” with materials prior to training. A physical binder will be given to each volunteer during their first shift.
You can learn more about the program here: https://capeperpetuacollaborative.org/cape-perpetua-marine-reserve-ambassador-program/
TRAINING – AGENDA (Subject to change.)
- Cape Perpetua Collaborative (about, vision, partners)
- Quick review of Oregon’s 5 marine reserves and their locations
- Cape Perpetua Marine Reserve & Protected Areas review (location, boundaries, size, significance, research, biodiversity, etc.)
- Cape Perpetua Visitor information from Intercept Survey
- Marine Reserve Ambassador Program goals
- Best practices of natural resource interpretation and local key topics/species
- Things to Know
- A brief description of setup and outreach location
- Opening/closing procedures and supply location
- Paperwork to be signed regarding Code of Conduct, emergency contact info, etc..