PEER SUPPORT. COMMUNITY. RESOURCES
There’s an entire community of people out there to connect with and share your experiences with!
“It is nice to just sit with people who get it” ~ FSIBC Volunteer Resource Parent Daniel Allen
The family Support Institute of BC (FSIBC) is the only grassroots peer-to-peer disability organization/community for families and guardians of children with disabilities in BC. FSI has been bringing this community together in welcoming and unique ways since 1985 – be mentored by families you can trust.
Join a community like no other!
A few of the perks to becoming a volunteer.
• Get Informed and Inspired
• Share your resilience with others
• Access FSI’s curated selection of trusted resources created by the lived experience of families for families
• Attend community events
• Join and co-host online support groups
• Be trained to facilitate FSIBC workshops
Meet our awesome Resource Parents.
Family Support Institute of BC (FSI) is a provincial not-for-profit society committed to supporting families who have a family member with a disability.
FSI is unique in Canada and the only grassroots family to family organization that has a broad volunteer base.
FSI SUPPORTS AND SERVICES ARE FREE TO ANY FAMILY