Every Scouting Program Deserves Trained Leaders!
Why would you as a leader of Scouting want to spend time taking leader training? Especially since some have been serving as a Scouting leader for a year or more.
- Training will provide leaders a better understanding of the purposes of Scouting
- Training will provide leaders a list of resources they can access at any time
- Training will provide leaders a written plan for their meetings for the entire year
- Training will provide leaders a plan to make Scouting "Fun with a Purpose"
- Training will help make a leader's role easier
- Training will connect leaders with each other so they can share ideas
- Training will teach leaders how they can reduce the amount of planning time they have to spend
- Training will help leaders make a program that attracts and retains youth
Training consists of both formal and informal training. This formal training will consist of some group videos, discussions, and handouts. All will help you make an even better program for this fall. Informal training will be talked about during the training so you can access those resources throughout the year.
Here is the sessions you need to take to get completely trained:
Pack Committee Members - Session 1 Only
Den Leaders - Sessions 1 and 2 (Both Required)
Monday, May 18 - 7:00-8:30 pm
Thursday, May 21 - 7:00-8:30 pm
We plan to offer additional training in the future for Cubmasters and Committee Chairs which is different than the training offered during these two sessions. We will also offer additional Den Leader and Committee Member Training as well.
You will be e-mailed a special link just for you for this training. You will use that same link for Session 1 and Session 2 of the training
When you register, you will be e-mailed login information. This will be unique to you. For Den Leaders attending both Session 1 and 2, you will use the same login information.