In this webinar, guest speaker Martina Cartwright PhD, RD will cover the following learning objectives:
• Describe the effect of critical illness and common co morbidities on nutrient metabolism, nutrition support and risk for intolerance in adult patients.
• Identify causes and consequences of variable blood glucose in the critically ill patient.
• Review and discuss the application of the 2016 nutrition support guidelines in the context of real-world challenges including cost savings, through a case discussion.
• Apply evidence-based guidelines and clinical judgment to create a patient focused nutrition care plan through an interactive activity.
• Define and discuss the components of Enhanced Recovery After Surgery (ERAS) programs and the inclusion of strategies like physical examination to address and identify nutritional risk and tolerance issues.
• Discuss and apply strategies to address challenges to accurate physical examination and nutrition support challenges in the context of dysglycemia.