During this free course, developed by Digital Skills Education, we look at ways we can improve our relationship with technology, and how we can use it in a more positive, and less intrusive way.
Part 1: Data Detox, Thursday 17 November, 10:30am - 12noon
We’ll show you how to take back control of your digital privacy – but without having to give up your smartphone.
• Learn how companies gather and process your personal data
• Learn tips about reducing the amount of data stored about you
• “Data detox” your web browsing, social media and phone
• Adjust your settings so you share only what you’re comfortable with
Part 2: Digital Wellbeing, Thursday 24 November, 10:30am - 12noon
How can we cut down on the negative effects of so much time on our screens, computers, tablets, or phones?
• Evaluate your own digital habits
• Identify areas your digital wellbeing can improve
• Take control of how you use your smartphones and computers
• Learn how to make small changes that can make a big difference to your digital wellbeing, without affecting your workload.