Please join our Special Education Advocates, Karen Lynch and Jennifer O’Neill on January 26th, 2021 from 9:30 am - 10:30 am, for a workshop and an open discussion (virtual/Zoom) on preparing parents/caregivers or students for their CSE or 504 meeting.
Topics that will be discussed include the following:
• An overview on ways to review an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Accommodation Plan, school documents (evaluations, assessments, other plans, or data);
• Methods and strategies to facilitate discussions to help determine an appropriate education that meets your child’s needs;
• Tips and Techniques to become an effective self-advocate;
• Approaches to help ensure a child stays in school, accesses the curriculum/services and reaches educational goals;
• Finding where and how to access information on other community resources and services.
For additional information regarding advocacy and our services, please feel free to contact either Karen Lynch at email@example.com 845-249-8293 or Jennifer O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org at 845-214-7893.
If you require a Sign Language Interpreter to participate in this virtual meeting, please contact Karen Lynch by Friday, January 22nd.
Funding for this program is provided by OPWDD Family Support Program, ACCES-VR and Dutchess County Agency Partner Grant. As a result of these generous grants, this service is free to the families and individuals that we serve.