An estimated 20% of US workers are age 55 or older, yet many employers question the abilities of the demographic and recent Supreme Court decisions have made it harder to prove age discrimination.
Join us as we explore the issue of ageism: The history; the facts; the perceptions; the mistakes you make, according to employers.
1. Statistics from the Dept of Labor and AARP.
2. The notable court cases that led to the rise of ageism.
3. The perceptions young and older people have of mature workers.
4. 9 things you can do to confront and deal with ageism
5. Employer feedback on how they view mature interviewees.
6. 10 positive characteristics of mature workers.
Ed Lawrence, Career Co