Fun Approaches to Community Engagement: Using Answer Cancer resources, interactive methods, and other tools
Thinking of new ways to keep people interested and participating in group activities can feel like hard work. This new course follows on from our very popular ‘Creative Approaches to Online and Remote Engagement’ session which covers ways you can use remote methods to involve others in your workplace or community.
‘Fun Approaches’ will show you how to use ‘tools’ to make sessions FUN and interactive. Answer Cancer have developed a collection of ready-to-use, easily downloadable factsheets, games, quizzes and resources. We will demonstrate how to use them, and how they can be tailored and adapted for online or face to face use. We will show you how to easily incorporate them into your cancer awareness raising activities to make them more engaging and appealing.
Each course will run for 2 hours with a short break to grab a cuppa.
Session Aims & Objectives:
By the end of the session the learners will:
• Learn new, exciting and creative ways to engage communities and increase audience participation
• Learn how to tailor and adapt readily available resources for fun community engagements and activities
• Practice how to use Answer Cancer’s new engagement resources
• Revisit tried and tested tools including timelines, national campaigns, holidays and festivals
• Learn ‘key messages’ to share with others
• Know how to sign-up to become a Greater Manchester Cancer Champion
• Make a 'Plan' to share learning with others and 'turn learning into practice'
This session is open to anyone living or working within the Greater Manchester area with an interest in promoting positive cancer awareness messages to family/friends/work colleagues or anyone else within your local community.