November 3, 10
Create unique images by combining paper, fabric, photographs, string, found objects, tape, glue, paint, crayon, or whatever you have on hand.
This workshop is not so much an instructional class as it is a fun, supportive space to explore and experiment, within specific exercises and prompts.
The objective is for each attendee to discover their own voice as they work spontaneously and intuitively, using shape, composition, color and texture.
There will be opportunities for all to “show and tell” — share what materials they’ve collected to work with, hold up their results, comment and ask questions.
No previous experience required.
Whatever you have around the house will be fine.
• Paper bags, catalogs, magazines, tape, ribbon, string, fabric, cardboard, cards, postage stamps, wrapping paper...
• Glue sticks, school glue, tape or other adhesives.
• Paper bags, cardboard, card stock, paper, fabric, or envelopes for the background.
• Scissors, Xacto knife, or you can tear by hand.
• Cardboard or a mat as a surface for cutting and/or to work on.
• Pens, pencils, paints, markers if you want to add to the collage (optional)
• Sense of fun!