The live remote ACP OmniFlow Breathing Therapy demonstration will provide attendees an overview of how this technology utilizes an airflow sensor and virtual reality feedback in respiratory muscle training. It will include the following:
• Overview of OmniFlow components
• Discussion of clinical indications in use of OmniFlow to address various pulmonary disorders including: dyspnea, diminished vital capacity, muscle weakness, speech production and voicing, swallow-respiration coordination, core stability, energy conservation training, and reduced airway clearance.
• Education on clinical resources and support available
• Operation and navigation of software
• Demonstration for set up of patient use
• Demonstration of inhalation, exhalation, and breathing coordination intervention options
• Showcase variety of graphic and virtual reality visualizations
• Description of parameter setting and data available
Valerie Middleton, MA CCC/SLP is a Clinical Program Consultant for Accelerated Care Plus (ACP). She graduated from Appalachian State University with a Bachelor of Science degree, Summa Cum Laude and with a Master of Arts degree in Communication Disorders, with a concentration in Speech Language Pathology.
Valerie has practiced speech-language pathology in skilled nursing facilities (SNF) for 13 years and has worked as the director of SNF rehabilitation services for OT, PT, and SLP. Valerie holds certifications and competences in the McNeill Dysphagia Therapy Program, NMES, sEMG biofeedback for dysphagia, and myofascial release and manual stretching techniques in dysphagia rehabilitation. She is a member of the ASHA Special Interest Group 13, Swallowing and Swallowing Disorders and Special Interest Group 15, Gerontology.