Our speakers are Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli of Politecnico di Milano, Chiara Ponti of PoliMappers and Michael Montani of UN Mappers.
The webinar consists of two parts:
1) a “theoretical” part with an introduction to the Collaborative Humanitarian Mapping and OpenStreetMap, the ecosystem that can be used for this purpose, to PoliMappers, the Association of Mappers of Politecnico di Milano and to UN Mappers, the community of UN Mappers;
2) a “practical” part with a mapathon (map marathon) where we will map together for one of the United Nations Mappers projects. During the mapping activity, participants will learn how to edit data on OpenStreetMap and provide geospatial support to UN Peacekeeping missions. The activity will involve the mapping of the road network in African countries following a step-by-step approach. Please, ensure to have a mouse and good Internet connection.
The aim of the webinar is to learn how we can contribute individually or as a team of students to the Collaborative Humanitarian Mapping process.
• 2:15-2:40 pm OSM and collaborative mapping (Maria A Brovelli)
• 2:40-2:50 pm Introduction to PoliMappers, the YouthMappers Chapter of Politecnico di Milano (Chiara Ponti)
• 2:50-3:00 pm UN Mappers (Michael Montani)
• 3:00-3:15 pm break
• 3:15-4:00 pm Mapping with UN Mappers (Michael Montani)