**PLEASE NOTE this is now a single 3 hour course, which combines the 2 previously advertised 1.5 hour courses**
This free course, provided by the Sage Foundation, will help you to start to understand how accounting works in the UK NPO sector. By the end of the session you will:
- Understand the key accounting categories of Assets, Liabilities, Funds (Equity), Income and Expenses
- Know what is on a Balance Sheet and why it balances
- Know what is in the Statement of Financial Activity (SOFA) and how it links to the Balance Sheet
- See how double entry accounting works
- Understand why income and cash are two different things
- Understand how asset acquisitions are accounted for
- See how depreciation and and prepayments are accounted for over time
- Understand the nature of accruals and deferrals
- Have a better understanding of the financial reporting requirements for NPOs in the UK
- Have built your confidence in communicating around financial matters either with your team, accountants or stakeholders
- Be able to read Financial Statements more thoroughly
There will be 10 minutes included at the end for a dedicated Q&A session.
Adam Wilkinson (Colour Accounting licensee) and Sage Group are committed to the protection and security of your personal data. Following the course, you will be asked to complete an evaluation survey by Adam Wilkinson. You are under no obligation to complete the survey.
Sage Group and Adam Wilkinson will receive your registration data and evaluation survey data, to enable us to review and analyse your feedback on the training events and the benefits and success of it. Once it is shared with Sage Group, they will also be a data controller of that personal data.
We will use and process your personal data in accordance with data protection laws. We will not transfer your personal data (collected as part of this training), to any third parties outside of the Sage Group.