This workshop will highlight the role afterschool programs play in providing access to high-quality STEM learning opportunities for all youth. Presenters will share a Framework for guiding afterschool programs’ efforts to increase equity and inclusion in STEM and share examples of the Framework in action. Participants will work in small groups to identify strategies and tactics from the Framework that are relevant and doable for their programs and provide support to each other.
● Brief overview of Equity & STEM; why it matters
● Introduce the Equity and Inclusion Framework, developed by NGCP for the Million Girls Moonshot initiative
● Provide an example of the Framework in practice
● Small group discussion for participants to discuss areas of the Framework they are implementing well and areas they would like to strengthen; debrief
● Share relevant resources
● Brenda Britsch, Senior Research Scientist, National Girls Collaborative Project
● Laahari Chalasani, Senior Manager of Programs, National Girls Collaborative Project