Thank you so much for your interest in participating in a Local Voices Network and Rikers Public Memory Conversation to share your story about how Rikers Island has affected you, your loved ones, or your community! Here are some important details to get you started. You can also learn more at lvn.org/covid and https://rikersmemoryproject.org/.
1. If you are new to Zoom, you are welcome to join us 15 minutes before the call. We will have staff on the call to provide one-on-one tech support and get you comfortable with the platform before the conversation begins.
2. Virtual Conversations will include a small group of 4 - 8 participants and one volunteer host. If we have less than four people register, we may reschedule the event.
3. Because of the small group size, we request that participants who need to cancel do so at least 48 hours in advance, or as soon as you know you will be unable to participate.
4. Please join on time. It is important that all participants are present for the beginning part of the conversation.
5. Unfortunately, if the conversation begins before you arrive, we’ll need to reschedule you to attend an upcoming conversation.
6. Audio from all conversations are recorded by Zoom and become a part of the public conversation network on lvn.org and Rikers Public Memory Project oral story collection on https://rikersmemoryproject.org/.
By registering for this event I give consent and permission to include these items in an archive will be made publicly available via the New York Public Library (NYPL) website and the Brooklyn Public Library (BPL) website and that of the Rikers Public Memory Project. I understand that the NYPL, BPL, and/or the RPMP may, without further approval on my part, exhibit, distribute, edit, reproduce, transcribe, publish, publicly perform, publicly display, or broadcast my interview, or any portion thereof, with or without my name (or alias).