In Season Three, we will be delving deeply into the art of Xingyiquan! Xingyi focuses on linear, spiralling strength. Each week, we will focus on one of five foundational elemental forms related to Metal, Water, Wood, Fire and Earth. Expect to increase internal energy and strength, improve coordination, support your cardiovascular health and increase physical stamina. Best of all, you get to do things like be a civet cat reversing up a tree!
• Completion of Season One and Season Two of Qigong and Internal Martial Arts courses
• Working video camera
• Ideally enough space to take at least two large steps
• Discipline and commitment (homework will be assigned between sessions!)
• Goofiness and openness to learning something new
Course dates (Mondays, fortnightly):
1. Jan 10 – Review of Pi Quan/Splitting Fist (Metal) and Santishi
2. Jan 24 – Zuan Quan/Drilling Fist (Water)
3. Feb 7 – Beng Quan/Crushing Fist (Wood)
4. Feb 21 – Pao Quan/Cannon Fist (Fire)
5. March 7 – Heng Quan/Cross Fist (Earth)
6. March 21 – All five fists!
Suggested dana (generosity/support): £30 - 60.
Dana works on the idea of reciprocity and mutual support. It can be given:
1) Via my website (preferred)
2) Via PayPal paypal.me/mimizoomclasses or
3) With Venmo @Miranda-Kuo-Deemer.