WEBINAR SERIES. The Power of Choice: Bringing Open Adoption into All-Options Counseling
This three-part series will provide participants with a holistic and trauma-informed approach to all options counseling. Participants will cultivate the skills needed to provide accurate information and referrals for all pregnancy options with a focus on open adoption.
Adoption: Exploring Values and Spotting Biases
- The missing option: Why do I need to know about open adoption?
- Uncovering hidden biases and assumptions about adoption
- Learning through stories: hear from birth parents, adoptive parents and adopted people
- The power of language: adoption sensitive, culturally responsive and gender inclusive language
Creating a Safe Space: Non-Coercive All Options Counseling
- Honoring choice: A bill of rights in an unintended pregnancy.
- Making it personal: Creating a safe and non-judgmental space
- Finding your voice: How to talk about all three pregnancy options
Open Adoption: A Trauma Informed Approach
- Past, present and future: how trauma shows up in adoption
- A trauma informed approach: the philosophy of open adoption
- Building life-long relationships: the open adoption planning process