The May Protective Factor of the month is Social and Emotional Competence of Children! Attend the webinar or workshop option – both are designed for child- and family-serving professionals at all levels of Protective Factors knowledge or experience.
During this highly-interactive workshop, you will develop an action plan through small group discussion and interactive activities about helping children develop social and emotional competence. This session will require that you participate in discussion.
In this highly-engaging workshop we will:
1. Review how helping children develop social and emotional competence helps keep families strong and prevents child abuse and neglect
2. Brainstorm strategies and develop an action plan for everyday actions that help children grow socially and emotionally
3. Discuss in small groups what it means to help children develop social and emotional skills in a strength-based way
4. Share Protective Factors resources for providers and families
1. This session will NOT be recorded.
2. This is an interactive training. Please be prepared to participate in activities such as group discussion, break out rooms, and/or demonstration. Your training experience will be best with the use of a web cam, audio, and a training environment conducive to active participation.
3. Why do we ask "Knowledge Check" questions during registration? These questions help us to obtain information about our learners' knowledge of a topic prior to training and the effectiveness of the training (participants will be asked the same questions at the end of the training).
4. By registering for CalTrin training, you consent to be added to the CalTrin mailing list.