The $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan is the most consequential piece of federal legislation for Maine’s working families in modern American history. Ninety percent of adults and 87% of children in Maine will receive stimulus checks. The Child Tax Credit will lift 10,000 Maine children out of poverty. Our K-12 schools will get well over $400 million and higher education in our state will get well over $100 million. The legislation also reduces monthly Marketplace health insurance premium costs for some 63,000 Mainers and allocates $20 billion nationally for vaccine distribution. Join the Maine Democratic Party for an informative discussion about how the American Rescue Plan means help is here.
This program features:
- Governor Janet Mills, Introductory Remarks
- Congresswoman Chellie Pingree, Introductory Remarks
- Drew Gattine, Chair of the Maine Democratic Party, Moderator
- Trish Riley, Executive Director, National Academy for State Health Policy
- Robyn Merrill, Executive Director, Maine Equal Justice
- Allison Lytton, Lewiston Public School Educator & President of the Lewiston Education Association