This short interactive session will increase your knowledge and confidence about cancer and cancer screening, and the important role that workplaces have.
We will start by getting a common understanding about what cancer is, and the local picture in Greater Manchester. We will discuss some of the most popular myths surrounding cancer and replace them with facts, especially the importance of early detection and cancer screening. Finally, we will explore some creative (and fun) ways to start conversations and raise awareness across your workplaces. You will be shown useful resources to adapt or use, and given easy to remember ‘key messages’ to share with families, friends, clients and customers.
The course will run for 1¼ hours (75 minutes).
By the end of the session learners will:
• Understand the importance of screening uptake and early detection
• Have a greater understanding of common facts & myths surrounding cancer
• Learn ‘key messages’ to share with others
• Have tried out different ways to talk about cancer
• Know where to find credible sources of information to pass on, including tools and resources to help
This session is open to anyone living within the Greater Manchester area with an interest in promoting positive cancer awareness messages to family/friends/work colleagues or anyone else within your local community.
Answer Cancer is a Voluntary Community & Social Enterprise sector-led response to cancer in Greater Manchester. It is the working name of the Greater Manchester Cancer Screening Engagement Programme, a Voluntary Sector partnership working to improve cancer awareness across the region.