This session will start with a restorative session (1.5 hour and then about 30 minutes to explore the Eight limbs of Yoga of Patanjali , the foundation of Iyengar Yoga. Each week a specific topic will be picked to comment, discuss to start delving in what this practice of yoga is.
Ashtanga, the eight limbs of yoga, is Patanjali's classification of classical yoga, as set out in his Yoga Sutras. He defined the eight limbs as yama (abstinences), niyama (observances), asana (postures), pranayama (breathing), pratyahara (withdrawal), dharana (concentration), dhyana (meditation) and samadhi (absorption).
- Donation based class: $0-$30- Ways to donate:
Venmo: Anne Barbaret (AnneBYoga); or Paypal: Paypal/annebarbaret; or Zelle: 415 503 8245 & firstname.lastname@example.org; or Cash & Check (made to anne barbaret)
- Please get in the meeting 10 to 15 minutes early so that you get in! and that you get your set up n such a way that I can see you on your mat as best as possible.
- Get familiar with the screen: pin/unpin- speaker view: view to see the teacher- sound check- mute/unmute
- You want to see and hear the teacher (me!) and I want to see you on your mat in your poses (I know it can be tricky if I have you on the floor or standing or if the room you are in does not have the depth- Placing your device on a height and tilting the screen is one of the tricks)
- If you don't have any yoga props, have some firm cushions/blankets= to sit on, a chair (any chair) and books= blocks, a kitchen towel/towel= strap
- Be safe: un mute yourself and tell me if something does not feel right, or just come out of the pose and do child pose while the others finish up
- Class is about 1.5 to 2 hours