The GS1 Barcode Workshop for Healthcare will cover the fundamentals of applying the GS1 Barcode and GS1 DataMatrix for the healthcare sector including pharmaceuticals and medical devices. This 2- hour workshop provides you with a standards-based perspective on the foundation of product data quality and guide you on how to leverage GS1 Standards to meet regulatory requirements such as US FDA or EU MDR and streamlined business processes.
1. Introduction to GS1 Standards
2. GS1's role in Healthcare & Overview of Regulatory Requirements
3. How to use GS1 Barcode Number and how to allocate it correctly
• Interpretation of the different parts of your barcode number
• Different types of barcode numbers and its usages
• Rules of allocating a barcode number
o When do you allocate a new barcode number?
o Are barcode numbers reusable?
4. Understanding different types of GS1 barcodes - Learn to recognise which barcode to use in different environments
• Choose the right barcode symbols for different operation environments
• Use the appropriate symbol size, colour and location for your item
5. Using GS1 Application Identifiers to identify different data types
6. GS1 DataMatrix for Pharmaceutical or Medical Devices
• What is GS1 Datamatrix and its key applications
• The difference between non-standard Datamatrix and GS1 Datamatrix
7. Barcode Verification to avoid labelling mistakes
Register now and learn how to apply the building blocks of the GS1 standards system and, find out how barcode can boost your healthcare business!
*By submitting your details, you agree to receive email communications and marketing materials from GS1 Singapore and events partners. We are committed to your privacy.