The food and drink industry has been hit hardest by the COVID-19 pandemic.
3 lockdowns, 5 tier systems, curfews, and full-scale closures have made it extremely difficult for the UK’s food and drink scene to keep its head above water.
But with 20m now vaccinated, and a series of re-opening dates to aim for, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel.
On this webinar, an expert panel will discuss how the sector might find a path to prosperity in a post-COVID world, and how businesses can survive until that day. Combining their vast industry experience, they will discuss and debate the strategies with the most likely chances of success, and answer questions including:
• After the pandemic, what is going to be hot, and what is not?
• Now that we are out of the European Union, what challenges lie ahead for animal origin certs, import substitutions, currency fluctuations, etc?
• Has food and drink embraced digital to the extent that it needs to, given the astronomic rise in online shopping during 2020?
• What are the new products and trends that will shape the sector going forward?
The panel, below, will also make time to take specific questions in an audience Q&A section.
• Sean Kelly (Chair)
• Tim Chater, from Phoenix Ventures
• Sharon Morey, from Campden BRI
• John Taylerson, from BIC Innovation Ltd
• Phil Mills, from Old Mill
• Simon Gregory, from The Food Works SW