Learn how to identify and serve entrepreneurs!
Self-employment is a labor market trend as more and more jobseekers turn to entrepreneurship to create their own jobs and restart the economy. Early analysis of the Great Migration reveals an uptick in people starting their own businesses and creating their own jobs. Immigrants always have played and will play an important role in creating jobs as the economy enters its recovery phase. Also, they are more likely to start a new business than the rest of the population.
Join CAMEO (California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity), the country's largest business service provider network for professionals who are serving entrepreneurs with other services, for a three-hour workshop to learn how to recognize entrepreneurship in your clients and connect them to the right services.
This training will provide you a substantial orientation to entrepreneurship training and business assistance services such as:
• Self-Employment Is Labor Market Trend: Job creation and California projections; how Entrepreneurship can be a path to asset building
• Demystifying Entrepreneurship: What It Is and What it Isn’t (models and examples)
• Self-Employment/Business Readiness criteria
• Entrepreneurial Training and Support Overview: the Fundamentals of Self-Employment programs
• Local Training Partners / Ecosystem
• Business Owner's experience with coaching
• Q&A with Business owner and training partner
• understand value of self-employment for job creation
• have basic understanding of what constitutes business readiness
• have knowledge of local training and support resources and potential training partners
• understand basics of entrepreneurship training and business assistance
Sponsored by New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC) and hosted by California Association for Micro Enterprise Opportunity (CAMEO).