In an Australian-first, Canberra Community Law (CCL), in partnership with Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect), have developed a series of social scripts, to support autistic clients and people who may have communication barriers to access legal services and legal processes. Social scripts are person centred narratives used to introduce new events, interactions and provide information on what to expect.
This webinar will cover:
• what social scripts are and how they respond to the needs of autistic people and other groups;
• CCL’s social scripts’ development process;
• how to use CCL’s free social script templates; and
• a run-through of a finalised social script.
Participants will gain:
• insights into how social scripts can support autistic people and other groups;
• learnings from CCL’s experience in developing social scripts in partnership with Aspect; and
• practical guidance on how to develop and prepare social scripts.
All are welcome to register for this webinar.
• Emma Gallagher | Autistic Consultant | Autism Spectrum Australia
• Farzana Choudhury | Disability Law Supervising Solicitor | Canberra Community Law
Facilitator: Meg Houston | Capacity Building Manager | CLCs Australia
Date and time: Thursday 19 May 2022, 12:00pm-1:00pm (AEST)
If you are a WA solicitor participating in this webinar, to receive points you must register with your Practitioner ID. CPD points will be uploaded to the LPB CPDMS once attendance is confirmed. If you have any queries, contact CLWA LP&PII Administration on firstname.lastname@example.org.