This practical training and guided discussion is perfect for foster parents at any stage of their fostering journey. Whether you are just starting the foster care licensing process and want to make sure you are prepared to partner well with the parents of the kids in your care (or at least know what you might expect) or you are a seasoned foster parent who wants to process your own feelings and experiences alongside others that are navigating these sometimes complicated relationships, this is for you!
Together we will:
- Consider the trauma experienced by everyone in the foster care triad (child, parent, foster parent) and how it impacts relationships
- Process personal attitudes, beliefs, and biases about families involved in the foster care system.
- Discuss critical topics that may be challenging for foster parents to navigate; offer peer support and encouragement
- Develop healthy relationship-building skills to champion family connections
- Learn from the stories, experiences, and expertise of others from diverse perspectives
Jul 12, 2021 03:30 PM
Time shows in
Jul 19, 2021 03:30 PM
Jul 26, 2021 03:30 PM
Aug 2, 2021 03:30 PM
Aug 9, 2021 03:30 PM