Do you work with young people? Upgrade your skills!
CLCs Australia presents a webinar on how to best serve the legal needs of young people in out-of-home care. Presenters give insights on how Centres can improve their services to young people who have been exposed to situations of disadvantage and vulnerability. This follows Mid North Coast CLC's LevelUp Project funded by the Law and Justice Foundation of NSW. Read the report and recommendations here: https://mnclegal.org.au/levelup/
This webinar is designed for Member-Centres wanting to improve their services to young people.
This webinar will cover:
- learnings from the LevelUp Project
- what Centres experience when delivering specialist services for young people including the challenges in delivering legal services to our youth.
- the outcomes and lessons learned for legal practice (including some surprises!).
At this webinar, you’ll gain:
- hints and tips for working with young people who experience vulnerability/ disadvantage.
- insights on the value of tailored legal services for clients and the sector.
- knowledge on the risks for legal practices who delivery these specialist programs.
- intel on the importance of flexible service delivery.
Holly Lawson, Solicitor, Mid North Coast Legal Centre
Stacey McMillan, Project Solicitor for the LevelUp Project; a project coordinated by Mid North Coast Legal Centre
Facilitator: Meg Houston, Capacity Building Manager, CLCs Australia
Date and time: Thursday 29 July, 12:00-1:00pm AEST