HOUSING AND FOOD INSECURITY: COVID-19 AND BEYOND
Please join us for the annual Community Research Council Meeting, beginning on March 23rd from 3:00-5:00pm CST!
The Research Council’s main mission is to create a community-driven research agenda around topics that are relevant to community members. This year, members of the council have identified Food Insecurity and Housing as the focus areas for our work during the COVID-19 pandemic and beyond.
We will be convening community-based organizations and research partners to discuss needs, gaps, and potential solutions related to food and housing in order to develop research questions for projects. Ideally, these conversations will also lead to community-academic research partnerships.
• Create a community research agenda around Food Access/Food Insecurity and Housing
• Discuss evaluation and partnership development between community-based organizations and academic institutions
• Explore research questions around Healthy Chicago 2025
This will be the first of three meetings, with topics as follows:
• 1st meeting: Identify past and current initiatives, community assets, and gaps
• 2nd meeting: Identify research questions based on information from 1st meeting
• 3rd meeting: Discuss potential initiatives, research projects, and partnerships to help answer the research questions