The purpose of these sessions is to help Convenors, and those working to support them, understand how to convene Dialogues as part of the United Nations 2021 Food Systems Summit.
The session covers the essential elements from start to finish to ensure your dialogue runs smoothly and can contribute to the outcomes of the summit.
This training will cover:
• an overview of the UN Food Systems Summit
• background to the Food Systems Summit Dialogues, Global, Member State and Independent
• how a Dialogue works including suggested roles and responsibilities
• how to prepare for your first Dialogue
• advice and guidance on attracting a diverse range of participants and ensuring they are included and able to fully contribute
• the support available through www.summitdialogues.org, including how to register and announce your dialogue
• reporting on the outcomes of your dialogue and how the outcomes are synthesised for the Food Systems Summit
We encourage the following pre-reading:
The Handbook for Member States
The Handbook for Convenors of Independent Dialogues https://summitdialogues.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Handbook-for-Independent-Dialogues.pdf
The Reference Manual for Convenors of Food Systems Summit Dialogues https://summitdialogues.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/Manual-for-Convenors.pdf
This training session will be held in English with interpretation in Chinese, Russian, Arabic and will be facilitated by Florence Lasbennes and David Nabarro. The maximum capacity of this training session is 150 participants.