Our signature Fundamentals of Consumer training has been repackaged for online delivery. Along with Health Consumers Queenslands Engagement Advisor, these training sessions are co-presented with an experienced consumer.
What are the benefits of participating?
• Deeper dive into fundamentals of consumer partnerships.
• Understand your role as health staff in supporting effective consumer partnerships.
• Interactive breakout room activites.
• Opportunity to meet other health staff involved in consumer partnerships.
• Hear from an experienced health consumer who will co-present session.
• Training split into two sessions.
• Attend what is relevant and you can make up missed session another time. Attendance of both sessions completes the training.
Who can participate? All Queensland Health staff:
• who are partnering with consumers and want to strengthen their partnerships.
• regardless of your experience with consumer partnerships.
• need to be a member of our network. Join here tinyurl.com/JoinHCQ
Session structure and delivery
• 2 x 120min online sessions.
• You only need to register once to attend both sessions. The same line works for both sessions.
• Delivered via Zoom Meetings.**
• You will need access to the internet and a device with a camera and microphone to participate in this interactive online training.
Day 1 – theory and background.
o Fundamentals of consumer partnerships.
o Drivers of consumer partnerships.
o Consumer and Community Engagement Framework.
Day 2 – Tips and strategies on how to partners effectively.
o Planning for consumer partnerships.
o Preparing consumers and staff for successful partnerships.
o Staff qualities needed for effective partnerships.
**Zoom and Qld Health Policy
As Queensland Health Staff, you are not able to use Zoom to initiate calls/meetings; however, you are able to use it to access training when the call is not initiated by you. In this instance, the session will be initiated by us.