March On For Voting Rights - WA Statewide Virtual March - August 28th @ 12 pm PT
Join Fix Democracy First, WA Indivisible Network & League of Women Voters of WA for a statewide virtual non-partisan event to stand up for voting rights! We will have speakers and music including:
• MC - Rebecca M. Davis
• Music from Cameron Lavi-Jones & band members from King Youngblood
• Music from Songs for Good & Peace Poets
• Crystal Langhorne – Director of Community Relations, Seattle Storm & two-time WNBA champion
• Senator Rebecca Saldaña – WA LD 37
• Senator Mona Das – WA LD 47
• Senator David Frockt – WA LD 46
• Representative Mia Gregerson – WA LD 33
• Former WA Representative Jesse Wineberry
• Julie Wise – King County Elections Director
• Paul Benz – Co-director of Faith Action Network
• Nick Hanauer - Civic Ventures & Pitchfork Economics - Video Message
• Plus Special Video Messages from Martin Luther King, III & Reverend Terrance McKinley
Since January, 48 states have introduced over 400 bills that amount to shameful, outright voter suppression, and many have already become law. These laws suppress voting methods that enrich our democracy and lead to high turnout.
March On for Voting Rights will call on the Senate to pass the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act and the For the People Act on Saturday, August 28th, when millions join the March On for Voting Rights in D.C., Phoenix, Atlanta, Houston, Miami and more than 40 other cities across the country to make their voices heard. We will also call for the Senate to remove the filibuster as a roadblock to critical voting rights legislation.
That’s why, on August 28, 2021, Washington state is joining Washington D.C., Atlanta, Miami, Houston, Phoenix and other cities across America to March On For Voting Rights!