Vermont’s Developmental Disabilities Services Division (DDSD) and Voc Rehab collaborate to provide post-secondary education and work training for youth and young adults with developmental disabilities. In this workshop:
• You will become familiar with the three PSE support programs as they describe services that help young adults to attend Vermont colleges.
• You will meet staff from Project SEARCH who will describe this option for attending specialized vocational training at three host businesses.
• You will hear about independent living programs, where they exist and where they are being developed, and the lifelong learning options provided by Global Campus.
• Vermont’s Supported Employment services for transition age youth and young adults will be reviewed.
• Each program will describe its application process and how funding is obtained to support participants.
Please join us to learn more about how the PSE services can broaden opportunities for young people with disabilities.
Panel of Presenters:
- Bryan Dague Think College Administrator at UVM
- Chris Kennedy, College Steps Director
- Mark Prior, Director of Succeed program at Howard Center
- Project SEARCH Administrators:
- Karen Hussey, Howard Center
- Jessica Nadeau, Client Access Program at Rutland Mental Health services
- Jarrod James, Lincoln Street Inc.
- Patti Gannon, Global Campus
- Jennie Masterson, DAIL
- Betsy Choquette, Voc Rehab
This workshop will be recorded and saved on our website and YouTube channel.
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/vtfamilynetwork