Join in the fun of sharing your true stories. Learn how to add some "funny" to any story. Storytelling shows are becoming one of the entertainment forms that is growing. With successes like the Moth, Story Slams, and Mortified, personal storytelling and sharing are exciting.
Do you have a collection of true stories, hidden in your books, on your computer, or just brewing inside your creative mind?
You will learn:
• How to craft a fascinating story, as a first-person storyteller.
• The steps of the story structure including the outline premise, characters, settings, and action.
• The importance of editing your long stories.
• The storytelling format that works best for the teller and the audience.
• How to prepare your story for the stage. Online or live.
This group is Collaborative and is under the guidance of a professional Storyteller, who performs regularly at shows and festivals. The classes include a showcase night to be scheduled at a later date. This program runs for 5 weeks and participants are asked to participate all 5 weeks.