Know the Contract: Wed. Jan. 19, 2022 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
3 hours Contract Law
This class will review the essential basics of a valid, enforceable real estate contract. We will review the rules of offer, acceptance and delivery, as well as the best methods for a counter offer, multiple counter offers and even multiple offers. In addition, we will review some industry addenda including Seller Financing, Septic and HOA. Contingencies and performance obligations will also be reviewed.
To adhere to the rules set forth by ADRE we have the following REQUIREMENTS:
* You must be alone in a quiet location without distractions. You may not attend this class from a vehicle, public location or any location that is not private.
* You must use a device that has a camera and microphone. You may NOT use a Smartphone or mini iPad to attend this class.
* To receive CE credit, you are required to follow ADRE rules to measure your engagement. This consists of remaining visible on camera and engaging in class activities (at least 80% of chat requests and polls).
* You must appear to be paying attention during class. Sitting at a desk and looking at the camera/screen is best, while lying back on a couch or chair makes it appear as if you are sleeping. If you are talking with another in the room, or on the phone, you are not paying attention, and therefore, you may not receive class credit.
* Your camera must be stable and show you from shoulders up.
* You must be present on camera at all times, with the exception of a 1-2-minute break. We will take attendance a number of times throughout the class via chat requests and polling.
* We recommend signing on at least 15 minutes before class begins to be sure you are able to resolve any technical issues. Your registration does not guarantee your seat in the class. Since Zoom has a limit of 100 students, only the first 100 to sign on will be admitted.