To beat cancer we need to talk about it. For many people it’s still a challenging topic to bring up in conversation and it’s common to avoid what we may see as difficult conversations because we don’t know how to approach them.
This session is to help you feel more confident talking about cancer and other health conditions, so you can have more conversations that help save lives.
What are the learning objectives for this session?
• Why it is important to have conversation about cancer and health conditions generally
• Empathy: what it is and how to show it
• How to structure challenging conversations
• Developing your listening and communication skills, including active listening and asking questions
• Creating the right environment for your conversation